introduction to construction
Learn a variety of skills needed for a career in construction including safety procedures, hand tools/heavy equipment identification, rigging and job site communication.
- Hands-On Classes
- Job Site Visits
- OSHA 10 Certification
This class will be offered starting January 2, 2023. Classes are 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Job Interviews available during the last week of class for students seeking employment.
construction 101 course curriculum
- Build Your Future in Construction – an industry overview
- Construction Safety
- OSHA 10
- Introduction to Construction Math
- Introduction to Hand Tools
- Introduction to Power Tools
- Introduction to Construction Drawings
- Introduction into Basic Rigging
- Construction Communication Skills
- Construction Employability Skills
- Properties of Concrete
- Site Layout
- Handling and Placing Concrete
- Heavy Equipment, Forklifts and Crane Safety
- Introduction to Construction Equipment